Premier Concrete is looking to hire a concrete foreman for immediate start. This is a management position. The foreman represents Premier Concrete in all aspects of field operations and requires little supervision from the immediate supervisor. This position requires the ability to safely manage commercial concrete construction crews while maintaining timely, accurate job records.
- Project Manager
- Upper Management
- Safely and productively manage crews. Effectively and efficiently utilize crews. Appropriately delegate tasks to proper personnel.
- Cooperatively work with other trades and the general contractor.
- Read, understand, and accurately build forms from blueprints.
- Plan and organize daily activities a minimum of three days in advance.
- Complete paperwork accurately and timely.
- Properly order supplies, subcontractors and equipment to avoid shortages, loss of productivity and delays.
- Inspect on-site equipment and report any issues for repair or maintenance.
- Maintain company trucks – keep clean, maintain oil changes, brakes, etc.
- Effectively communicate with all personnel involved on a project, from architects and engineers to suppliers, other trades and Premier Concrete personnel .
- Professionally represent Premier Concrete, Inc.
- Assist with training.
- Assist upper management with field-related issues.
- Thorough knowledge of concrete.
- Excellent carpenter.
- Expert in construction safety.
- Expert with blueprints.
- Accurate layout abilities.
- Understand placing and finishing process.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong organization and planning skills.
- OSHA 30 Hr.
- First Aid
- Valid Driver’s License
- DOT Medical Card
- Assembling crews to provide a proper “crew mix,” For example, place a slower steady worker place with a sense of urgency, or place an experienced carpenter with form setters to oversee an operation.
- Evaluating employee skill levels.
- Recognizing and properly recording change orders.
- Time management.
- Accurately and productively building from blueprints.
- Accurate lay out from benchmarks and hubs.
- Properly ordering concrete to avoid disruptions in supply. Properly ordering stone and concrete to avoid overages.
- Understanding placing and finishing process to achieve proper results from our finishing crew.
- Ability to follow directions from supervisor and upper management
- Expert carpenter skills.
We offer competitve salary, good benefits and an excellent work environment.
If you are interested in joining our terrific team, visit our hiring page and submit a resume, or contact Steve Workmeister at 410-344-1604 x26 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.