Maryland-based progressive concrete subcontractor Premier Concrete, Inc. has several opportunities in an excellent working environment for project foremen. The foreman must professionally represent Premier Concrete in all aspects of field operations and requires little supervision from and immediate supervisor. The foreman is responsible for the safe and productive management of commercial construction crews of 4 to 8 laborers. This position reports to the supervisor, project manager, estimator and upper management.
Premier Concrete offers a good working environment, excellent pay and benefits, and the opportunity for advancement. To apply, send resumes with the position you are applying to email@example.com or visit www.premierconcrete.biz.
- Safely and productively manage construction crew onsite.
- Read, understand and accurately build from blueprints.
- Plan and organize daily activities at least three days in advance.
- Delegate tasks to proper personnel. Assemble crews to provide the proper mix for highest efficiency.
- Inspect site equipment regularly and report issues for repair or maintenance.
- Order supplies and necessary subcontractors to avoid delays and shortages.
- Complete paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintain company trucks, including cleaning, oil changes, brakes, etc.
- Cooperatively work and communicate with customers, employees and other trades and the general contractor in a courteous manner.
- Monitor employees and evaluate skill levels.
- Assist with training.
- Assist upper management with field-related issues.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Expert carpenter skills
- Expert in construction safety.
- Experience working from blueprints.
- Understanding of the placing and finishing process.
- Thorough knowledge of concrete.
- Excellent time management, organization and planning skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- OSHA 30 Hour
- First Aid
- Valid Driver’s License
- DOT Medical Card
About Premier Concrete
For 30 years, Premier Concrete has been the Baltimore concrete contractor of choice for the region’s commercial, industrial, governmental and community-based markets. This family-owned operation continues to pride itself on quality, integrity, excellence and marketplace leadership. Routinely recognized for its customer-oriented approach, the Premier Concrete team has built its sound reputation on its distinctive ability to provide concrete foundations, walls and slabs, site work, large renovation and complex reconstruction projects.